Shelby Public Schools' buses travel thousands of miles per week transporting hundreds of students. The bus schedule and route is available by contacting the Transportation Department at 861-5171. Bus transportation is a privilege, not a right. We ask that all bus users follow these policies:
1) Students should be in plain view at their bus stop at least 5 minutes priorto their scheduled pick-up time. Buses will not wait for students if they are not at the bus stop.
2) Please contact 231-861-5171if your student/s do not require transportation in the morning. A student stop will be removed from the route if there are 3 consecutive days of a student not riding the school bus & no communication with the bus garage.
3) Students in Preschool through second grade will not be allowed off the bus without a parent or older sibling. Young students who are not met at the bus stop will be transported back to the ECC/Thomas Read.
4) Any student needing to be dropped off at a place other than their regular stop MUST HAVE A NOTE SIGNED BY THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. No one will be taken any place other than his/her regular stop without a signed note.
5) Requests for a change in the drop off/pick up location for a child may take a few days to be implemented as the transportation department, bus driver, teacher, and school office need to be notified of the change. Parents are asked to contact the transportation office at least three days before the change should take effect.
Please note we cannot honor requests for transportation to birthday parties, sleepovers, play dates, etc. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide transportation to these events. P.M. RETURN BUSES ARE AT OR NEAR CAPACITY AND EXTRA RIDERS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
We appreciate your cooperation and efforts in helping us make transportation a safe part of your child’s school day.